Thursday, April 22, 2010

Meals on Wheels in Athens, GA



Finally, I have uploaded this slide show of my feature story-- "Meals on Wheels in Athens"-- in my blogger. Many thanks to all the people who helped me in uploading this file, especially to Michael and the guy from digital lab in Tate!

Now, please enjoy this short piece story.

Brief introduction of this story:

In United States, there are about 2.5 million seniors who are at risk for going hungry. Georgia ranks 6th among the 50 states in terms of senior hunger, according to a nation-wide study conducted by researchers at the University of Kentucky. Meals on Wheels in Athens Community Council on Aging is a program that provides hot noon-day meals, five days a week, to homebound adults in Clarke County. For those who are especially likely to go hungry without outside help, MOW also delivers frozen and shelf-stable products in addition to hot lunches. All the food is delivered by 135 vounteers who drive 16 delivery routes in Clarke County.

In case for any further questions in uploading slide show, I write down some notes to remind myself for next time:
(1) If you use the soundslide plus software online to finish your work, you can just use the Filezilla to upload your whole folder to a web server, then you can generate a URL address which helps you to embed your slide show in your blogger.
(2) If you use the free soundslide plus software to finish your work at home, you may need a webstorage to save the folder "publish-to-web" which is generated when you export your final files. In this case, according to Michael's suggestions, we can choose the Netstorage of UGA.
(3) Upload all the files from your "publish-to-web" into a new fold (whatever you name it, I guess, I will try different names next time) in the webstorage. Try to play the slideshow in a new tab (I think it's the process how to gain your URL address). Tip is using the images from full screen rather than from other folders.
(4) Edit HTML to add a frame into which you can embed your slideshow. Tips are you should look out for the width, height and broader (I guess because my blogger template is a narrow one, I better choose the small.html).
(5) Test it and adjust it.

2 comments:

  1. Your sound slide show has some great photos! Also, thanks for the notes about the sound slide process, extremely useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yanli, your slideshow turned out AWESOME! I really enjoyed watching it. Thanks for bringing this story to life. It was really cool. I also liked the little bit at the end about providing food for their animals. It's really neat to see the care these people have for seniors and others who need food.

    ReplyDelete